Friday, June 03, 2011

I can totally make it till October, I can totally make it till October, I can totally make it till October...

As we roll into my least favorite season, I am making an effort this year to stay positive. Not a guarantee. So anyways, here without further ado I present to you:

Ten Nine Things About Texas Summer That I Love Usually Remember Not to Be Entirely Ungrateful For:

1) The honey in my giant honey jar never solidifies and always pours like a dream.

2) Getting out of the shower is entirely painless because the bathroom is never cold.

3) We always know what the weather is going to be like tomorrow (99 degrees and humid) so we never have to think about what to wear.

4) Sweating isn't embarrassing because everybody does it.

5) Frozen margaritas.

6) If I time it right I can cycle 2-3 loads of laundry on and off the clothesline in a single day, and have everything be dry.

7) We can go on vacation to other places that are actually beautiful during the summer and not feel like we're missing anything.

8) My bread rises really fast.

9) Frozen margaritas.

10) I ran out of things.

2 comments:

  1. #10 You can already be harvesting stuff from your garden while we northerners are watching our tiny seedlings emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11 You can leave your coffee in a vehicle while running errands/teaching a class/otherwise being gone for a number of hours, and when you return to it, it's still hot.

    ReplyDelete