Sunday, July 17, 2011

Forget our golden years, this blog is going back to school


In the literal sense that Katie, Richard and I are all going back for various graduate degrees. Eek. I'll be the first to take the plunge this fall, when I start clown college the MLIS program "at" San Jose State. I've been pretty much ignoring this fact, which I learned today from my orientation video is actually the recommended strategy.

I encourage you to click through to at least see the first slide. "And what you're seeing in front of you is in fact one of the entrance gates to San Jose State University and if you were coming to campus, that's probably one of the gates that you would actually walk through." Then they remind you that you're going to be sitting in front of your computer like a schmuck instead.

Anyway, I'm still stuck on the later slide where the lady with the nice accent tells you to enjoy your summer holiday, relax, and generally live like you were dying. "And I'd also encourage you not to get too worried. These are your last wonderful months of freedom and once you start into the program, you're going to become a very frenzied individual." THAT'S YOUR PEP TALK???

2 comments:

  1. "We have a rich collection of sort of multimedia things."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newly frenzied life? Will you really notice a change?

    ReplyDelete