Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy cat dreams to you too...



Oh man, online school is awesome. I may have no study skills whatsoever, but at least I actually get MORE work done when I'm bleary and don't want to get out of bed until noon. This morning I finished all the work for my one credit "social networking" class, in which I did things like create yet another blog and watch 32487346 tutorials for 2387645 online tools I will need for my studies. (Which reminds me. The above is an image I downloaded from one of those tutorials, because it was too bizarre not to, and now I can't even remember the context in which it maybe slightly made some kind of sense???)

I've also learned that it is possible to max out the amount of hours I am physically capable of staring at this screen, that such a threshold is not only theoretical. It's kind of cutting into my recreational online reading, but that's probably for the best. I'll try not to let it cut into my blog time anymore though :)

Work has also been just non stop crazytime, with every student and their mother (literally) descending upon us for textbooks and endless reading lists. It was such a relief to step out into the non-virtual non-book world for a rare Friday Night Out on the Town. Why oh why don't I see live music more, and why don't I go to this lovely intimate venue that's an easy bike ride every freaking night????? (This is really a rhetorical question, in that I am pooooor.) Just listening to some tunes and sipping a cocktail in the courtyard while waiting for natalia to show would have been enough, not to mention the rockstar performance by rupa and the april fishes. It was one of our rare warm summer evenings, so the ride home was maybe even the best part. Oakland just SMELLS so good at night. Yum.

Flashback to last last weekend, when we took a blog field trip to RENO!!!! I spent 10 hours on the greyhound listening to James Herriot (could anything possibly be more soothing to a weary traveler?), crashed Katie's cousin's pre-wedding BBBQ, patronized Donut Bistro, and won $7.20 on my second 40 cent bet! I quit while I was ahead. So long, Nevada.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your Social Networking online class so quickly! I look forward to future blog posts wherein you express panic about scrambling to complete a course the night before the deadline. Remember your high school AP paper on Philip of Spain (was it?) when you woke me at 2:30 am, saying, HELLLP! and "Don't ever let me do this again!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We have a friend of a friend in Rupa and the April Fishes. And love the idea of you listening to James Herriot (a Graber car ride classic -- boy did the reader's accent make us giggle).

    We're 3-7 weeks away from parenthood now! And a bit overwhelmed... Ruth has to nearly roll me over in bed these days!

    Thinking of you all!
    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete