Tuesday, December 06, 2011

This season in numbers

1... email I have received so far from my upcoming Master's program's Director of Student and Community Affairs which included the acronym "LOL."

5... people who ate Richard's turkey at the Thanksgiving dinner we hosted, of which the attendees (including us) consisted of 4 ominvores and 2 vegetarians.

15... days until I take my job and shove it! (By which I mean leave amicably after giving my boss more than 11 months' notice.)

22... degrees warmer than Central Texas that WMass is right now. (That was a weird sentence.) I am enjoying the sensation of not being able to feel my fingers while it lasts.

193... times (give or take) since December 1st that I have listened to Susan McKeown sing "Auld Lang Syne." I blame Jenna.

I'll conclude this post with... goats. Obviously. These are from our trip to the Austin Rescue Zoo this fall! There were lions and other animals more awesome than goats, but the threat of them eating Richard & Rebecca meant I couldn't get a good shot of them petting one...


5 comments:

  1. Yay to well-planned job departures! I know yours will work out much better than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're thinking that Richard was having more fun than me, you might be right :) Austin Rescue Zoo! I kind of want to go back all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we missed out on the reptile house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Al: Just wait until I start having to do homework again... you'll definitely have the last laugh at that point...

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XViCOAu6UC0

    ReplyDelete