Thursday, January 05, 2012

3 days, 1000 miles

Fresh back from a whirlwind back-to-school roadtrip to Marfa, the strangest 1900-person-minimalist-art-town-in-the-middle-of-nowhere that you've ever been to. It was my second time and my friend D.'s first time, and in spite of spending almost as much time driving there as we did being there - as well as being sore afflicted (we... may or may not have had to visit the Marfa Country Clinic to get antibiotics for strep throat. Both of us.) - we still managed to cram in all the existential giraffe dumpsters (caption: "GOD?"), back room shuffleboard (I was the reigning champion), converted school bus snack bars, observatories, and posing in the desert as we could have hoped for.


After 8 hours on the road last night we rolled back into town, I slept for 3 1/2 hours, and then I woke up and started my first day at my graduate assistantship. I spent the entire morning sternly telling myself YOU MAY LOOK LIKE THE WALKING DEAD (Editor's note: I totally did.) BUT THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW STUPID YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. HOLD IT TOGETHER. It seemed to do the trick because everything worked out well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Moar details about assistantship!

    <3B

    ReplyDelete