Saturday, February 11, 2012

Helloooooooooooo world!!!

You'll be comforted to note that even though I've been in school for less than a month, I've already managed to pull one paper-writing all-nighter. Ahh, it'd been a while. The difference is that now when I get an hour of sleep I look SO TERRIFYING the next day. If only I'd had under-eye bags like that in college I never would have gotten so little sleep. I do kind of perversely love the feel of being in a school library at 1am, though... it's so weirdly, comfortingly unnatural.

As for schoolwork... Rebecca, I see your Paolo Freire and raise you textbooks that say things like, "Giving serious thought to common mechanisms of oppression can help us to recognize social injustice and think about ways to challenge it." Apparently I am entering a profession whose members are literally required to "challenge social injustice." Um, okay. Turns out I picked the right graduate program. As far as I can tell, I'm getting a Master's in Being Nice and Cooperating. It's the part I was born to play!

Before I disappear again into a maelstrom of Personal Growth, I would like to take a moment to warn you all that if you were thinking about taking advantage of Goodwill by secreting the price tag off of something and replacing it with a cheaper pricetag, they're one step ahead of you. These nightstands were $12.99 and BY GOD THEY'LL MAKE SURE I KNOW IT. I don't even want to tell you how many more price tags were on the surfaces you can't see.


Okay, away I go again. I'm sure Rebecca will continue to entertain you until my next appearance! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. SO MANY PRICETAGS! Almost as many as stamps on that package I sent your family from Ecuador.

    ReplyDelete