Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Library interlude

Hey guys. Remember that duck screencast I made? Well, this time I had to make a real instructional screencast:

This screencast is aimed at goodreads users who want to track down interesting titles at a local library. I demonstrate how to use the WorldCat tool built into goodreads to search multiple library catalogs at once. (Give it a minute to load.)

It was super fun to make, if grueling. The free software I have doesn't allow any edits, so basically it involved me practicing with my silly narrator voice in my room for most of last Sunday until I got to where I could pull the whole thing off in one take. Please appreciate the backstage hilarity - orchestrating 3 different programs, multiple tabs, and a printed script, all while trying to sound professional and make the process look easy enough that any joe-grab-a-sandwich could find their book too.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I am glad to know about WorldCat. And I'm impressed that you did it all in one take. Whew!

    ReplyDelete