Friday, April 12, 2013

Time Warp 2010 Reading in Review

It's actually fascinating to write this from the future and see which reading experiences have aged well.

My Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Shades of Grey. I re-read these two books recently, they were such favorites!

Eating Animals. Well. Some of you may recall that I have never felt more driven to write a scathing review of a book in my life. And I stand by it.

Time Traveler's Wife. "After reading this in one gulp, I literally woke up the next morning pondering the existence of god."

The Victorian Internet. I think about this book all the time! And not just for the telegraph poetry...

The Gastronomical Me blew me away so thoroughly I haven't even been able to pick up any other MFK Fisher because I'm still processing the perfection.


2010


The Victorian Internet
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer
Serve the People: A Stir-Fried Journey Through China
Shades of Grey
Running with Scissors: A Memoir
Eating Animals
The Ohlone Way
How To Talk So Kids Can Learn
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Will Write for Food: The Complete Guide to Writing Cookbooks, Restaurant Reviews, Articles, Memoir, Fiction and More
The Gastronomical Me
Bellwether
Down and Out in Paris and London
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Feeding a Yen: Savoring Local Specialties, from Kansas City to Cuzco
Rendezvous with Rama
A Season of Gifts
The Help


Rebecca's favorite books »

No comments:

Post a Comment